Thursday, November 29, 2012

Joy's Life Box

This week Joy asked us to make bags or boxes for Christmas. I thought it was a great opportunity to try some of the cuts that came on the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge that was loaded on my gypsy. 


I used the 'Merry Christmas' and 'HO3 (Ho Ho Ho)' stamps from the Oh Christmas Puns set. I used My Mind's Eye Christmas papers from last year. All of the cuts - the flower, the box, the label and the tag - were from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. 



I stamped the sentiments and inked the edges of the papers with Clearsnap ink. The glitter is also clearsnap. I love how chunky it is. It really gives a fun look! I used a Xyron glue stick to apply the glitter. I just ran the glue stick over the edges, and in some cases put the glue on my fingers to apply, then dipped in the glitter.

I also ended up cutting a hole in the top of the box for the base of the flower. I wanted the flower to look like it was sprouting up out of the box, and the base was a little larger than I wanted.


3 comments:

Jingle said...

This is a super cute little gift box! I love the tag!

Patty B said...

Really elegant box, Megan. Pretty! :)

Maria Matter said...

beautiful & elegant Megan!!
hugs & blessings