Saturday, August 11, 2012

Altered macadamia nut can for Joy's Life

This week Joy asked us to make some gift packaging. I was excited to use my new gypsy, and my new Yummy puns set, so I came up with this altered can of macadamia nuts. I thought the idea of chocolate covered macadamia nuts went perfectly with the stamp. Even though there aren't any actually left in this can. ;)

I left the plastic lid kind of plain because it already matched the My Little Shoebox Up in the Trees papers. Also, I never know what to do with lids like this when altering something. Should I try to cover the sides with paper? ribbon? paint it? leave it plain? 




So, the sentiment stamp is from Joy's life, of course. The circle stamp is Kaisercraft. The Inks are clearsnap. The papers are My little shoebox. The tree is cut using the gypsy and cricut, and I think the cartridge was 3 birds something. I can't quite remember because my new gypsy came with a ton of cartridges already loaded on it and I am still getting to know it. (I got it used from ebay)


2 comments:

Patty B said...

Beautiful tin, Megan! I love the happy colors/elements. :)

Migdalia said...

I love this Can!!!Very Beautiful!!