Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hello Friend card

For this card I was inspired by the inspiration challenge for this week at Ruby Rockit. I always love the way paper collections look when they are all laid out together. So I was inspired by the part of the image where the different papers are all together. I chose a collection that I had a bunch of scraps from and used a small square punch for the Create Magazine punch challenge - to cut squares from all of the coordinating papers, then I glued them down in a pattern.Finally I used my sewing machine to sew a zig zag pattern across them.



The paper on my card is Crate Paper restoration (oh how I loved that line!) the stickers is SRM stickers, the pins are jillibean soup and little yellow bicycle. The trim is may arts.

8 comments:

Nina Yang said...

Very creative, Megan! I can never resist a colorful and pattern-ful background! So beautiful! Great way to use some scraps too!

Jodi said...

LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with us!

Fleursbydesign said...

Love the background with all that color - great card :)

Andrea Amu said...

Fab card, Meg! I always enjoy and oogle over any type of patchwork, block or grid design! Loved Crate Restoration too! ;)

JULIANA said...

What a cute card Megan! Love your take on the inspiration piece!

Pam said...

Your card is so lovely! I adore the quilt look, and I loved that line too:)

LG said...

love the woven look and the stitching! Gorgeous card Megan

Sandy said...

Beautiful card Meg! Love the stitching... it totally finishes it perfectly.