Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Words on Wednesday

Ok, so I havent done this in a while. Things have been super busy since school started. What have I been up to, you might ask?

Well, seth started his Pharmacy PhD program. Ellie, of course, went back to school and started her slew of activities. We really need to cut her back, but most of them are after school and are a substitution for after school care. I did add ballet on Saturdays though, because she is so into gymnastics and ice skating, and she just loves dance. So I thought it would be a good thing for her to have. She loves it!

I have to say though - don't buy ballet slippers at payless, they are WAY overpriced!

Me? I'm spending more time working out and watching what I eat and just trying to be more healthy in general. I'm also doing couponing and trying to cook more - so we can afford all those activities for ellie.

Today in my couponing I got 5 laundry detergents and a box of tissues for $15 + $10 back in cvs extra care bucks for next week.

Yesterday (or was it the day before) I got 4 dove shampoos and one dove deodorant for $1.75 and $8 extra care bucks (which I used on the laundry detergent today). Why did I do two trips instead of just doing two transactions? Because the coupons that I had brought for the detergent were expired. I am still too shy/embarrassed to bring my giant coupon binder into the store. Plus CVS is literally like a minute from my office, so it's no big deal to go back another day.

And in other news. I am going to try harder to spice up my blog. I hope to add some more free digital stamps - maybe make it a weekly thing - and some book reviews (hopefully biweekly). Those are the first two steps. A monthly tutorial is another idea, but I don't know how to schedule that yet. biweekly will be hard enough to remember. Heck who am I kidding, weekly is hard enough! but monthly I am bound to forget. We'll see. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to see.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Glad to know what's going on in your world, and that I'm not the only one doing the coupon thing. Although I haven't done it as much at drug stores as much as I have a grocery, but still. Glad life's going well for ya! ;)

Kate Vickers said...

WOW! PhD! That's tons of work, good for you! Happy thesis writing! :-)

Sherri said...

Meg, your couponing skills are amazing! My jaw is on the floor, seriously. Hope your in for a good weekend :)

@JoyceCasaldi said...

I've tried the couponing thing and I just couldn't do it. We use them but just aren't die hards to have to get to each store each week.