Monday, December 27, 2010

snow day! holiday and key west recap

So, today looks like a snow day. Which is good because I STILL have to finish my Webster's Pages Design team application. I have never worked so hard on an application before. I keep making things I love, then second guessing myself and trying again. but I am drawing the line today. I am going to finish the layout and card that I am working on now, and call it done. Too much anxiety. If it is meant to be, then it will. and if not, then maybe next time. Yeah, easy to say now... Let's hope I am that zen if and when the time comes.

Anyway, so here are a couple of my favorite holiday photos. this one is from the butterfly conservatory. the butterflies really loved Bubby and Ellie was desperate to have one land on her. She was standing still, then moving to a 'better' location, repeat. We had to go through twice but finally persistence paid off because she had one land on her! mission accomplished! and I managed to catch a photo of it, even though it was a brief landing.

how is this for a chocolate milk? we went to a dessert restaurant in key west called 'better than sex' and this is the chocolate milk with chocolate dipped rim! Ellie didnt even realize that it was chocolate on the glass until we told her. She just looked at it and went back to coloring.


love this face! I had to have her recreate it for this photo because every time I missed it. but the recreation was pretty spot on! every time she opened something exciting she would make this face and say, for this one, 'a bakugan! it's a bakugan!' but you really need to hear it for the intonation, it was GREAT!












and this one is for all of you children of the 80's - yep Santa came through. Boy did he come through! He got Ellie all sorts of He-Man and She-Ra toys.

the elves messed up the wings to She-Ra's flying horse though and they will have to make new ones and mail them after Christmas. Or at least that's the party line for now. Really, they were coming from London and didn't get here in time.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Good luck on the Webster's DT app, Meg! I hope you get it!

Stacey said...

She is so super cute!! I love it.

Chrissy said...

OMG! That chocolate milk actually looks "better than sex"! Now I want an Applebee's mudslide! YUM!