Monday, July 19, 2010

sonic and missing my sewing machine

It's funny how you often don't appreciate something until it is gone. My sewing machine broke about a month ago and I thought - eh I can make do without it. But every layout suddenly seemed to just REQUIRE stitching! I did a bunch by hand, but finally decided that I will just have to get the machine fixed. Now, it is in the shop, and will be another 2-3 weeks until I get it back. Who knew that sewing machine repairmen in the middle of nowhere were SO busy!?!

So, yeah, I am totally missing it. Pretty much every page I have made for the past couple weeks, I look at and think, "this would be better with a little bit of stitching right HERE."

Anyway, today I was late to work. So, I stopped at the brand new Sonic that is literally IN the way of my commute. - seriously, they messed up the turn lane that I use to make a special entrance for it. So, I stopped today and got a diet cherry limeade as recommended by the ladies over at ACOT. It was really good! I don't really drink anything other than water, diet coke and coffee. (and the occasional glass of wine) so it was a real treat and a different experience to have something fruity and bubbly and a little tart, and yet guilt free! and caffeine free! (not that I really worry about caffeine intake, I mean, heck I live on that stuff. But THIS I could count as water intake for the day.)

2 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

Great new blog look, Meg!! And Sonic is the BEST. Diet Lime Cokes:)

Sweet~N~Scrappy said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I love your Sun Kissed layout that looks like a window! You are so creative! Good luck and I hope to see you around my blog again sometime!