Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend

I think I say this every weekend, but seriously, where did the weekend go? I had a really really long week last week and this weekend was one of my 2-day weekends and it just was not long enough! Thank goodness for a 3-day this coming weekend.

Ok so where to begin?
First,

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SETH (and me)

Yep, today is our 6 year anniversary! I can't believe it has been that long! But on the other hand, it feels like our wedding was a lifetime ago. Not because it has been bad but rather, because we have grown, changed and done so many amazing things in the last 6 years. I think that is a good thing - to feel like I have had a lifetime of experiences in only 6 years?! What does that say for the next 5, 6 or 20 years?

Second, I made the DT at 2scrappyChix ! I am so excited! 2 Scrappy Chix is a new (or reborn under new management really) kit club, community and store. And I am LOVING it! The store is stocked full of all kinds of yummy goodness, and the community is full of really nice people - NICE is key for me! And there is a chat room - love that! And there was a crop this weekend with some really awesome unique challenges.

Ok, Ok I know you know that I love pretty much all challenges. But I think that sort of makes me an expert on what is truly unique and these were truly unique!

Here are the cards that I made from the first one. The challenge was to make a set of 6 cards using one sheet of patterned paper + the prefolded cards + some scraps. I can't remember who posted this challenge and I really should because this was the best challenge EVER!! She posted instructions on how to cut your paper to make the 6 card fronts. I almost didnt do this challenge because I dont like making cards and I hate following instructions, but I am so glad that I did! She posted 6 different sketches that you could follow but I made all mine the same because I plan to give them as a gift. (well I am keeping that one different one for myself because I ran out of the papers that I used on the others)

Photobucket

then there was this challenge. Making bows! Now I have seen the instructions for this a few times, but I never thought about trying it because - well - I hate following instructions. But really this was so much fun! and all you need is a piece of 6x12 double sided cardstock, a couple of brads, and some glue dots. It was so easy and fun, and a great way to use up those large scraps of paper that you used a little bit of but just cant see yourself using again. Personally, I think that those papers would make the best bows anyway, because like these are loud and bright. I only used a few small pieces on layouts, and then I have the rest left over - perfect colors for birthday packages!

Photobucket

Third, Seth and I (and Missy from Scrapwords) started Body For Life yesterday. Well, at least Missy and I did - Seth isnt totally on board yet, but he did help me shop for food (we spent almost $300 at the grocery store - eek!) and he helped me measure and photograph my befores and let me do the same for him. I worked out 20mins HARD yesterday and 20mins Medium-hard today. I ate hardly ANYTHING yesterday and so far today I am doing ok - just eggs and a granola bar. I shouldnt have had the granola bar so early, but I was just STARVING! So, I figured it was ok. Anyway, so things are ok. I havent had cravings for sweets yet - just cravings for food in general. But, then, I was at home yesterday and now I am at work where the vending machine calls to me. So, we shall see how hard it is today. But I am super determined to do this! 12 weeks - I can do this! Well actually to be totally honest, I am shooting for 10 weeks because that is when we go to Disney World. Now if things are going really well and I plan to really enter the contest, then maybe I will try to keep it up in Disney, but for now, that just seems to difficult to contemplate, so I am planning for 10 weeks. And yes, I will be keeping it up over Fathers Day, 4th of July and CHA.

Ok enough blabbing for now. I am going to call seth and pester him to take some photos of the pages I made yesterday.

13 comments:

Lynn Anne said...

Wow, lots going on for you! I *love* making bows, so glad it made you happy :) And I love that challenge...always awesome to see challenges that are a little different from all the other challenges that seem to recirculate...

Pat said...

Congrats on the DT!!! And happy anniversary to you & Seth! Love thos bows.

Suzanne said...

Happy anniversary and congrats on making the DT! I used to be a member there, guess I still am... I'll have to check it out again! :-D Those bows are too CUTE! Have a great day!

rajah1116 said...

That is some GEORGEOUS stuff you made! LOVE those cards!

redmom said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Congrats on the new DT position, I'll have to head over and check it out!

emelyn said...

Love the cards you made and CONGRATS on making the DT.

Happy Anniversary to you and DH!!

Stacey said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you guys get to go do something fun! Congrats on the DT! Keep that creative scrappin mojo going I know I need your inspiraiton!!!!

Jayme Downs said...

Well you go!! Congrats on getting on the DT!! :) Happy Anniversary too! Those are really cute bows and I like the cards you made! :) Great gift. And that's really neat that you used one sheet of paper to cover the cards. :)
good luck with the 10 week Body For Life. Chad's best friend does that and works for him.

teresamatz said...

Happy anniversary and congrats on the new DT (awesome cards and bows)

Unknown said...

holey cow girl!! I'm exhausted just reading your post :-P

happy anniversary and a huge congrats on making the design team!!!

Allison Cope said...

Happy Anniversary Seth and Meg! Those cards and the bows are so cool! Will have to take a gander at all those col challenges for sure. Congrats on the fitness start! I need a buddy to do that too! Good luck!

Marnie said...

Happy Happy BELATED ANNIVERSARY! Congratulations!

Kaye said...

Happy Anniversary and Congrats on the DT!!!!