Tuesday, June 17, 2008

blog visitors?

Someone asked yesterday how you determine how many people have visited your blog. There are lots of ways, but I only know one. Since you probably already know that I am a HUGE google fan, I use google analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/

you register your blog with google analytics and it tracks all kinds of stuff like how many people visit each day, how many unique visitors (that is the 200 for me), where people visit from - they show it on a world map with countries colored in. What sites they come from. All kinds of stuff.

and if you DONT know how much I love google, then you may not know about google bookmarks - like your favorites list except that you can get it on any computer just by logging into google. and google reader - where you subscribe to different blogs and get notified when they are updated. That is what allows me to keep track of all 100 blogs that I read without going out of my mind. It lets you put them in folders and change the names and everything.

ok, plug for google over now.

here is a card that I made for Seth's cousin and her new fiance because they just got engaged. I am rather fond of this card. I wanted to keep it simple and elegant. And I really liked the quote, which was on vellum, so I pulled a scrap of scenic route paper out of my scrap pile, paired it with some black button shaped brads, black cardstock and a velvet ribbon and voila! I even did the inside! I NEVER do that! All I know is she had better appreciate this - lol - just kidding.

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!

I love the card...very elegant!

Jens Place in Space said...

very elegant

Kaye said...

I don't know what I would do without Google Reader! I'm so thankful that a friend mentioned it to me months ago. I read 150+ blogs, and there's no way I could keep track if it wasn't for my Reader subscriptions.

emelyn said...

Very pretty card!! You do such GREAT work, Meg!!

teresamatz said...

thanks for the info, and great card

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the vellum! I love Google Reader!!!