Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Scrap storage

I posted some pics of my scrap room a few days ago, but someone mentioned storage today so I thought I would share some of my storage ideas.

This is a silverware organizer that I bought to store pens markers and misc stuff in. It has changed purpose slightly since I took this photo. It now stores mostly tools - files, pliers, erasers, etc. And it resides in one of the drawers of my really big rubbermaid four drawer cabinet.
Photobucket

Kit storage: I have gotten really into kits lately and I like to keep them all together, but I hate taking them out of the bag and putting them back in, so I bought TWO of these 12x12 organizers to keep my latest 6 kits in. That way I can just pull the drawer out and take it over to my desk.
Photobucket

Misc Letters and Brads: I like to keep my almost whole chipboard alphabets together, but once I am down to a limited selection of letters, I split them up according to letter, into this bead organizer (99cents on sale at ACMoore) I have 4 of these - two for letters and two for brads.
Photobucket

Peg Board and Scrap storage: I have a bunch of these fabulous peg boards in my room, and I love them because everything is visible, yet organized. I usually keep my full or almost full packages of embellishments on this. At the bottom you will see my page protectors that hold all of my scraps divided into small cardstock, big cardstock, small patterned paper and large patterned paper.
Photobucket

Frequently Used tools: This peg board is right above/behind my desk, so I store some of my most frequently used tools here - well when they arent lying on the desk anyway.
Photobucket

Flowers: I just love this idea of putting flowers in glass jars so you can see them. Unfortunately these jars are a little bigger than I would have liked, but they are still cool
Photobucket

buttons and misc small embellies: This is something that we had in the office and I repurposed for buttons in my scrap room. Since this pic was taken I have acquired a larger organizer for the buttons and this now holds misc buttons that havent been sorted, some epoxy stickers and some misc embellishments. The purple container on top is from the dollar store, and it holds random things that I havnet put away yet, but dont want on my desk. LOL! yep, I have a few special places designated for those items. The metal dish under the peg board that holds the ATG gun also holds misc stuff that I havent put away.
Photobucket

This metal mail organizer is another thing that I stole from our office. I keep my chipboard letters, and some misc thickers and stuff in there. It is rather messy in this photo, because some of those sticker sheets have not been put away yet in sticker storage.
Photobucket

Stamp storage: I use Cd cases for my acrylic stamp storage, and this metal container to hold the CD cases.
Photobucket

Sticker storage: This is my cheapie clip it up that I use for letter sticker storage. My other stickers and rub-ons are on the wire one behind my desk.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Love seeing all this organizational sutff! Makes me want to go and redo a few things! I sooo want a faux Clip It Up and I think I'm going to get DH on that!!