Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fitness Inspiration

I know I havent blogged in a while. That is because I havent had anything scrappy to say. and actually, I have been kinda down and didnt really have ANYTHING to say.

Don't worry I am not going to bore you with all the details of these upcoming 12 weeks, but I just wanted to put this out there, for myself. So here ya go:

So, this morning I woke up at 4:30 WIDE AWAKE. I have no idea why. But I couldnt stay in bed, my feet were like itching to work out.
that is not a feeling that I am used to. So I lay there for a while thinking. Thinking about what kind of a difference losing weight could make in my life. Thinking about how CHA is 12 weeks away and I am going to Chicago to meet some friends that I have never met in person before. Thinking about how much change I could do in those 12 weeks. Thinking about how my friend joined weight watchers about 12 weeks ago and she is like a whole different person. Thinking about how OLD I feel. I am tired all the time. I got really drunk on Saturday and I was hung over for TWO DAYS. I have the beginning of vericose veins. I have so much pudge around my middle that it makes it hard for me to cut my toenails. I wake up every morning all achey and tense. I have a 2 year old, and I am almost always too tired to play with her. I NEVER want to take her to the park, even though it is five houses down, because I am just too lazy.
Then I was thinking about how we are going to Disney World in August and it is going to be hot, HOT. And I am embarrassed to wear shorts, let alone a bathing suit. I want to take lots of pictures, and I want to be in them, but I know that I wont want to scrap them when I see how I look in the pictures.
And you know what I did? I got up and worked out - at 4:30! Then I took a shower and DD had gotten up and come looking for me, so I lay down with her for about 20mins, then I got up and did my hair and cleaned my scrap room and ate breakfast and left for work. It is not even 8am and I feel like I have accomplished so much!
I made a pact with myself to really really try for the next 12 weeks. I WILL work out! And you know what, since I am a numbers person I did this math too - that is only 36 work outs! I can do that right?!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Megan! You woke up at 4:30, ITCHING to WORK OUT? Okay, hon, you're not feeling well! I guess there are worse things, although I can't think of what... LOL All kidding aside, it does feel good to be productive! Hope your day is great. :-)

scrapwordsmom said...

You truly CAN do it Meg!!! I'm doing it with you...so remember I'm here for you!