Wednesday, January 9, 2008

interested yet?

There is a blog challenge from Suzanne today to blog about your morning routine. So here goes:

My alarm goes off usually around 6am. That is the buzzer. I hit the snooze button and cuddle up closer to DH. The buzzer goes off three more times and I repeat the process (although sometimes it isnt DH that is next to me, it is DD) Then around 6:30 the second (radio) alarm goes off - unless DD has played with it and turned down the volume, in which case, I am totally screwed. I (again) hit the snooze button three times, before begrudgingly rolling out of bed, grabbing my towel from the bed post and heading to the bathroom. I brush teeth, shower and put my contacts in before heading downstairs.

So, that is how it usually goes. That is NOT the idea way. The way I plan for it to go is that my alarm will go off at 4:30 and I will bound out of bed because I dont want to wake anyone up, and head downstairs to work out for a half hour, before taking my shower. That has not been happening lately. I change the time that my alarm goes off almost every night depending on how tired I am, how motivated I am, and what my mood is at the moment. The end.

Since I read Shannon's blog this morning about the wonderful weather we have been having, I found out that that was another challenge - the prompt of the day from Colleen at Scrapperie. And I have also checked the 5day and realized that yes, as I suspected, we will be getting rain on Friday. So, my plans to take advantage of this unseasonably warm weather and take Ellie to the zoo on my day off, are foiled and I will have to make up for the ensuing depression by scrapping the day away. Or maybe renee will come over and we will have a glass of wine while we watch the kids play and gab. either way - drowning my sorrows in one way or the other.

Yep, in case you havent gathered, I am STILL in a pretty nasty mood. I think it is normal January blues, but I dont know why because so far Jan has been pretty good. Actually that is a lie. I do knwo why. I had a week off and now I am back at work, with the thoughts of spending long blissful mornings with my family and scrapping the afternoons away dancing in my head.

I read a pretty funny article this morning while I ate my cereal. (which incidentally I dont usually do because I am in such a hurry to get to work. but I was soooo late this morning that I figured another 20 mins wouldnt matter - make sense? nah but who cares) Anyway, the article was in my new favorite parenting magazine - wonder time. It is about the life of a mommy-blogger. And the intro to the article said that blogging is narcisistic (I can't spell that word to save myself) and will probably mortify our kids when they grow up, and it just gives strangers ammunition to trash us, but we still do it because - well, we are narcisistic lol! - that is only part of it though. The other part is that we like hearing from other people that they are the same as us. It is calming to know that there are other women out there who enjoy the same things as you, and who have the same problems, and sometimes it can give you a better view of your own life when you listen (or read) to someone else describe their ups and downs. Personally, I find that it makes me even more sarcastic. I am not a funny person in real life. I cannot deliver a line AT ALL. but when I blog, I find myself just being a total smart a$$. I dont know - maybe you disagree. Maybe you find my ramblings boring and flat. But I enjoy writing them and I love reading comments. And some of my friends do leave comments - even if they didnt read the whole thing. I will never know right?

ok, here is a page. LOL almost an afterthought, and I can't even remember which ones I posted yet. But I find blogs more interesting when there are pictures so here is one for you:
Photobucket
interested yet?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

oh you totally have that dry, sarcastic wit in your writing. i like to think that i do too, because that is mostly how i talk.

yeah this weather is something, i just looked outside and its sunny! you should fake sick, go home and get Ellie to the zoo today!

Colleen said...

I do know what you mean about it being fun to have people read and comment on your blog and connect with people that are like you. I don't think my boys will hate the idea of my blog, but love the fact that I actually took the time to write about some of the day to day things in our life and they'll be able to read all about it (hopefully)!

I think the Jan blues are hitting a lot of people hard this year - maybe all the weird weather.

Suzanne said...

LOL! Megan, you crack me up! You do know that if you set your alarm for 6 a.m., it will almost never go off at 4:30 a.m.? Cheer up girlie! January is almost half over! :-)